You have the option to place signatures at a specific place in the document. This article will explain how to enable this for a template and how to place the signature itself when sending a new signature.
By default, a signature will be placed on an extra, separate page, but you can also place the signature yourself in the document. This can be useful if you want the signature placed in several places in a document, different signers' signatures in different places or just one signature in a specific place. However, the signature will still be found on an additional, separate page at the bottom of the document along with the activity log.
In order to do this, the function must first be activated in the template settings and then the signatures are placed when selecting this template when creating a new signature. These two steps will be explained in this article.
Steps for signature placement
Step 1: Activation in Template Settings
Step 2: Placement of signature for new signature
Activation in Template Settings
To enable signature placement, go into settings and enable this for the specific template. This is done as follows:
- Press the cogwheel
- Press Templates and select the template you want the feature to be activated
- Under Additional options - make sure to tick on Can place signature of signer in document
- Remember to save the template
Now the feature is enabled for the template and it will now be possible to place the signatures when this template is selected. This is explained in the next step.
Placement of signature for new signature
Now that signature placement is enabled in the template, a new signature can be created and the signature can be placed in the document. You now need to select the template on the Send page and there will now be a new function called Place Signatures. To place the signatures on documents you need to:
- Go to the Send page
- Select the template with signature placement enabled (as you did in Step 1)
- Add signer(s)
- Add the document(s)
- Then tap Place signatures
Herefter vil du blive ført videre til siden hvor du kan placere underskrifterne. Dette vil se ud som på billedet nedenfor og du placerer nu underskrifterne således:
- If you have added several documents, you can choose here which document you want to place the signatures in
- Choose which page the signature(s) will be placed on
- Drag the box for Signature and/or Date of signing
- Place signature and/or date of signing where you want
- Here you can choose which signer's signature should be where the 'box' is placed
- Finally, press Save
Now the document is ready to be sent!
The signed document
Once the transaction is completed, you will receive a signed document as you know it, but also with the signatures placed at the selected locations in the document:
- Date of signing