Congratulations on being able to make your processes and signatures more efficient and automated from now on. Less manual work for you! Let us set up your Addo account so that it best reflects your business and you can start using all the smart features.
First things first - your account information
It is a good idea to fill in your account information first. Addo will use your information when you send a document to the signer so they can see who it is from.
To set up your account information, do the following:
1. Press the blue settings-gear in the upper right corner.
2. Select the "Account Overview" tab
3. Fill in the selected fields
4. Press "Save"
5. Then decide on your GDPR settings. You can read much more here.
Insert your logo
Your customers know you by your logo, so to personalize the documents you send for signing, we recommend uploading your logo.
1. Press the blue settings-gear in the upper right corner. It's to the left of your name
2. A menu will appear on the left side. Press "Design"
3. Here you can start by uploading your logo. Press "Browse" and select the logo to upload
4. To create even greater recognizability for your customers, you can customize the colour to match your logo/business. This is the colour used in the emails sent out through Addo.
For Addo, we have chosen the red colour that matches our logo. Below is an example of what it looks like when you receive an email from Addo with the red colour.
Maybe it's just you who will be using Addo, but often there are several people within the same company who uses Addo. We call them "Users" in Addo and you can create all the users you want. Below, we explain how.
First of all, it is important to understand that a user may have different rights in Addo. With rights, we mean that different users can have either full access to Addo's features or more restricted access. These are divided into standard, group administrator and administrator. You can read more about the specifications for the different user types here.
- Quite simply, administrators have full access to Addo. They have the full overview of which documents have been sent out for signing and can control the settings for the main account.
- Group administrators have a complete overview of their group. If you are a group administrator in an HR group, you can only see which documents have been sent for signature in the HR group.
- Standard users can only send and view their own documents for signature. They can use templates created by their administrator/group administrator for their specific group.
It can be a good idea to get an overview of what rights the different employees should have in Addo, so you can set it up from the start. When you are ready, follow these steps:
1. Press the settings-gear and select "Users" in the menu on the right
2. Select "Add new user"
3. Here you create your employees in Addo. They do not need to create accounts individually, it can be done from the main account. Here, the employee's name, email and role must be filled in as a minimum. You will also need to choose their role and language. They will then receive an email with login instructions.
4. Select the employee's rights and then press "Save".
The first user is created!
Create groups for your departments
Maybe your company has different departments that need to use Addo but to different extents. It may be that your HR department must send employment contracts, Sales must send purchase agreements and conditions, and Accounting must send payslips and obtain signatures on expenses from both managers and employees. There may be no reason why the staff in HR have access to the Sales Department's signing processes, and therefore it is advantageous to divide into groups in Addo.
1. Scroll down the page, under the "Users" tab
2. Press "Add new group"
A pop-up box will appear where the group's name and description are filled in. Then press "Save"
The group is now created! Easy peasy. You can continue in the same way, for all the departments and groups you need. And fear not - you will be explained how to divide your employees into the different groups below.
Divide employees into groups
Once your employees have been created as users in Addo, and the various groups have been created, you can easily start sending them to the right groups.
1. Select the users to be in the same group by checking the box to the left of their name
2. Then go down to "Add selected users to" and select the correct group. When you press "Add", the employees are added to the group.
3. As you scroll down the page, you can see your groups. Select the group you have added your employees to. A pop-up box will appear where you can see all the employees you have added.
4. You can change an employee's rights in the group by clicking on the box next to the "Role" column. Here you can choose between group administrator or member. Member is the same as a standard user. Then press "save".
Now your users and groups are set up ready to use Addo! Finally, we recommend that you set up your first template. This will also make you more comfortable using Addo.
Get your first template ready
One of the best things about Addo is that it is highly efficient and saves you, your employees and your customers a huge amount of time. If you need to send several documents of the same type for signature - e.g. employment contracts - you can make a template for what it should look like every time.
To view and add templates, tap the blue settings-gear again at the top right corner. In the menu, select "Templates".
Addo can do much more than just obtain signatures on individual documents, so the orange arrow points to where you can get an overview of your templates for both document signing, secure file transfer and Addo Forms. For this review, we look at templates for document signing, but you can read a lot more about Addo Forms here, and secure file transfer here.
The green arrow shows you where to create templates for resp. document signing, secure file transfer and Addo Forms. Click "Document Signing Template" and follow this guide to creating a new template.
Beautiful! You have just set up your Visma Addo account, and are tip-top ready to start. Play around a bit and try out the different functions - you can start by sending your first document for signing.