If you want to use Active Directory (AD) functionality, you will have to go to Account > Active Directory Configuration, from where you can set up Visma Addo to use your domain controller for login.
Fill in the fields:
- Profile name: will be used to create a login link for the AD configuration. This must be a unique name
- Domain Controller URL: A path to the domain controller. This can be URL or IP address. A port can be added as well e.g. 249.254.239:389
- Base DN (Distinguished name): This is used as a filter entry in AD. CN = Common Name, OU = Organizational Unit and DC = Domain Component
- Email Source: Select which field of User entry in AD that will be used as email address for Addo
- UPN: User Principal Name
- Email: Email address
- Service User: This should be user credentials of a service user used to fetch user information from domain controller
- Username: either SAM username or UPN
- Password: the password of the user
After filling in this form, you will be able to click on the button Verify Configuration. If everything is correct, you will receive a message containing the domain Sid, similar to following example:
If there is an error, you will see an error message similar to this:
After having connected to the domain controller successfully and saved the configuration, you are given a hyperlink to the login page for the configuration look
Use it for the login with configured active directory.
Testing User Authentication
You can test your user authentication when the AD configuration is saved using this form:
Enter user credentials, which is:
- Username: SAM Username or UPN of the user that is available in the AD
- Password: The password of the user
If everything is correct, you will get the following message:
If not, you will get an error message with a red background.
To log into Visma Addo using Active Directory user, you need to go to the login page for that Active Directory configuration. The URL format for that is:
Login page URL + Active directory profile name
- Login page URL: https://www.vismaaddo.net/WebAdmin/#/logon
- Profile Name: AddoTest
- Login page for this configuration: https://www.vismaaddo.net/WebAdmin/#/logon/AddoTest
Also, this link is generated in Active Directory Configuration page as mentioned above.
As shown in the login window in the above example, the profile name is AddoTest. To login you can use either UPN or SAM as username/login name
Login Addo Print
In order to log in with Addo print, you must select Active Directory login type and provide your profile name using following form:
- Profile name: Is the same profile name, which is used in Active Directory configuration
- Username: Should be the UPN or SAM username
Users are created at first login. The email used for a created user is selected based on the configuration selection of “Email source”. Every users, which is automatically created, have standard access level. This can bee seen in Account > User list and distinguished by [AD] tag in the list.