When creating an Addo Form, it is necessary to link the form to a signature template, as this contains various rules and requirements that apply before or after the recipient fills in the form.
The signature template determines how to identify, sign, which wording the recipients receive, whether the recipient receives a receipt after signing, whether there must be copy recipients or special design parameters in the signature window.
What is a signature template
A signature template determines all areas other than the appearance of a form, as well as what must be filled in a form. The form consists of fields that must be filled in as part of a process where the signature template determines:
- How to distribute the form
- How the recipient identifies and signs the document
- Should the signatory receive a receipt
- Can the respondent add additional signatories
- What wording will the recipient receive
- How often the recipient is reminded
- Should there be fixed documents, attachments, signatories or copy recipients
At least one signature template must have been created before you can create a form for distribution or use the form for a public link. Therefore, as always, there will be at least 1 template in the template overview for Addo Forms.
If you are creating a form, you will be able to see that in "templates for form signatures" a generic template will appear as shown in the image below
How to make a signature template
To create a signature template, go to the template section of your settings. When you are in the template settings, you will land on templates for normal signatures. Here you therefore select "Templates for signing Addo Forms", where you can see your existing templates for Addo forms and create new ones:
- Tap "Settings"
- Select "Templates" in the bar on the right
- Then select "templates for signing Addo Forms" in the top bar
- Next, either click on an existing template that you want to edit or create a new template by clicking on "Create new: Addo Forms templates"
Once you have created or want to edit a signature template for a form, creating any other signature template is similar with a few changes regarding forms. Before customizing your template, choose a name that fits, like "Email with NemID" as an example could fit a few shapes without being too specific. Another example could be to call it something that relates to the process or form to which it must be associated.
- Choose an appropriate name for the template. Either generic or appropriate to the form/process.
- Choose which way the recipient of the form should receive it.
- Select identification and signing method
- Choose whether the recipient should receive a receipt after signing, and to where.
- Under Password on signer's finished copy, you can decide whether the document should be encrypted after completion. In other options, you can decide whether multiple documents can be signed and approved with one signing key, whether the respondent can add additional signatories and whether there should be an option to place a signature before sending.
- In Email content, you decide which information should be visible in the email that the recipient will receive with the form
Note: If the Public link is used, "Send notification to" and "Email content" will not be relevant, as the recipient will not receive a message to fill out a form.
The next area you will come to, when setting up the template, is the area around deadlines and messages to the recipient.
This is where you can tailor the wording so that it fits with what will happen in the process, as well as give a good impression of you as a company.
- Invitation notice is the invitation notice to complete and sign the template. This is the message that the recipient will receive first and foremost, regardless of which notification method is chosen
Expiration date can be determined under "Deadline". The "deadline" determines how long the recipient has to complete and sign the form.
"Send notification every x days" determines how often recipients should receive a notification that the person has something they need to respond to.
"Final notification" Determines the last day that the person is notified.
- The reminder message is the message sent to the recipient each time the notification dates are activated.
- Simple questions is the option to ask additional questions after signing. More on Simple Questions here
- The receipt message is the message that the recipient receives after signing, either with or without the document.
- The message on the Signature completed page is a message that comes after the signature is completed, inside the signing window.
Last but not least, there are some elements at the end of the template that can help automate simple tasks such as:
- Add generic signers
- Add fixed documents or attachments
- Add a copy recipient to the flow, as for a receipt after signing
- Choose which integration is used after signing
- Whether the design should look different
- Whether to generate a call via Web Hooks.
Documents provides the option to add fixed documents that must either be signed or approved (As attachment) after the form is filled out.
This can be terms of business, terms of delivery, consent, etc.
- Additional signatories provide the option to add permanent signatories who get the document for signature/approval after the respondent has completed the form and signed.
- Recipients of copy provide the option to send a copy to other interested parties or departments after the form and any associated documents are signed by all parties in the process.
- Sender distribution methods provide the possibility to send the signed documents to a server drive, a google drive, Visma HR or other integrations that are linked to your account.
- Design gives the opportunity to tailor the logo and colors in the process, if this is to be different from the main account.
- Webhooks provide the possibility to forward the signer to a specific page after signing, or that via web hooks you receive status changes in your own system via calls from our system.
Link the signature template with a form
Once you've created your form, you'll need to linkit with a signature template.
This is done by first accessing the form you have created and then selecting the template in the orange box at the top.
- Tap on "Settings"
- Select "Forms" in the menu bar on the left
- Tap the form to which you want to attach the template.
Now you will enter the screen where you can edit the form and the orange bar will be visible in the middle of the screen.
Here you select the template to be linked to the form.
- In the orange bar, tap the drop-down bar.
- Next, the template to be linked to the form is selected
- Important! Remember to scroll down to the bottom and press Save