As administrator of an account, you have the possibility to create templates for the different groups. A user on the account who belongs to a group will only have access to the templates that belong to the group as well as templates in the Default-group.
Templates govern all transactions created in Addo Sign - transactions are our term for all document dispatches made to one or more recipients. It is therefore important to have templates in place, and we recommend that you create templates for your various flows in Addo Sign to ensure efficient and automated workflows.
8 steps for The Basics:
Step 1. Basic settings
Step 2. Email Contents
Step 3. Invitation Message
Step 4. Deadline and Reminder Message
Step 5. Simple Questions
Step 6. Receipt Message
Step 7. Signing Completed Page
Step 8. Signing Flow
Step 9. Sender Distribution Methods
Step 10. Design and Web Hooks
First, you need to get into your templates. You do this in your settings, under the "templates" tab.
- Go to settings
- Choose templates
- Then choose create new document signing template
Once you are in the template, you can start setting it up. You have the possibility to set rules for notification and sending, identification and signature, distribution of signed documents and other features.
- Notification - This selects the method used to send a document to the recipient. For all, this can be SMS and email, and in addition, private companies can purchase e-Boks and public authorities can purchase Digital Post.
- Authentication - Here you can choose whether the recipient must identify themselves before they can access the document sent to them. This is also where you choose which identification method is used in that case. Note that some identification methods lock a corresponding signature method, such as NemID / MitID, eIDAS, etc.
- Signature method - Here you choose which way the signer should sign the document sent to them. As above, some signature methods may lock the corresponding identification method.
- Receipt - Here you can choose whether the recipient receives a receipt when all documents have been signed by all parties. If "no" is selected, the person will not be notified. If "No documents" is selected, they will get a message that it is signed by all parties, but no document is attached. If "With documents" is selected, they will receive an acknowledgement email with the document attached. If you choose to send a receipt message, you can choose whether this should be sent by email, or possibly by e-Boks or Digital Post if purchased.
- Password - Here you can choose whether the signed document should be encoded when the signer receives it, and what kind of code is used. Note that the code is not in Addo Sign after sending.
- Additional options - 4 options can be selected:
Sign multiple documents with one signature (signing key) - Allows the recipient of a document to sign multiple documents with one signature. This will also save the sender credits if there is more than one document. You can read more here
Can approve all attachments at once - Allows a signer to approve all attachments at once, even without reading them. This is typically used for internal purposes
Must answer simple questions - If simple questions have been created in the template, you can activate that these must be answered by default. You can read more about Simple questions here
Can place the signer's signature in the document - Allows the sender to place the signature somewhere in the document. Note: This has no legal effect and is purely cosmetic. You can read more about Place signature here
Under the section, Email content, you can choose what and how much information the emails sent from Addo Sign should contain. It is also possible to choose between different languages for the default messages.
- Here you can select which information about the sender should be included in the emails the recipient receives. It is information about you, the sender, and the account name/company name that will appear
- You can also choose how much information about the transaction itself to include
- Here you can choose the language of the emails sent. This also affects the buttons that the signer presses inside the signing portal. If you have changed the language of the messages, please note that they will not be translated. Instead, they are replaced by the standard message in the application in the selected language
Your templates include a default message when you create them. It can be easily adapted to better suit you and the flows you send. The invitation message is the first message the signer receives from Addo Sign in the signing process.
- You first go down to the section, Invitation Message
- You are free to change the wording of the message as you wish. Fields with % in front are merge fields - also called default parameters in Addo Sign. The merge fields draw on information about the signer, the sender and the documents. Please note that %Signingportalurl% must be included if this message is sent as SMS
- You can find and insert the default parameters here
Deadline and Reminder Message
Under Deadline and Reminder Message, the expiry date and related settings are set, as well as the wording included in the reminder message.
- Scroll down to Deadline and reminder message
- Here you choose how long the signatory has to sign. This can be up to 90 days
- Here you can set how often the signatory should be reminded that they need to sign
- Here you select when the last reminder should be sent before the transaction expires
- The wording of the reminder message can be customised, in the same way as the invitation message.
With simple questions, you as the sender have the possibility to obtain information from the signer in the same flow as the signature. You can also make it so that not all signatories have to answer the simple questions if it is only relevant to a few. In basic settings, under step 6, we showed where to opt for the signer to answer simple questions. Below we have made a few examples
- Scroll down to simple questions
- When you need to add simple questions, check the add questions box
- If signatories with this template must answer simple questions, check off this one. This tick can be removed if the simple questions are not to be answered by default, but you still have the option to opt-in for each signatory. It will then be the exception rather than the rule if there is no tick in
- To add a new question, press Add a question
After pressing "add a question", the question editor will appear where you can choose between different types of questions/answers.
- Here you write the question or instruction you want to give to the signer
- Here you can choose whether the question is mandatory or optional. Note that if the "No" box is ticked, the signatory does not have to fill in the question. If there is a tick in "Yes" under the mandatory section, they cannot complete the signature process until they have answered
- This response type is a text field, for shorter responses
- This black type is a text field, for longer answers
- This is used for yes, no or "no answer" if the question is not required. If it is required, only yes or no can be selected
- Here you can have the signer upload a file. This could be a document or a picture
The receipt text can be modified like the other messages, where the wording is again adapted
- Scroll down to Receipt message
- View or rewrite the wording of the receipt text that the signer receives if it is selected in the basic settings
Signing Completed Page
As a final, optional, message, you can choose to write a message that the signer sees inside the signing portal, after signing and answering any simple questions
- Scroll down to the Signing completed page
- Here you can choose to write a greeting or instruction to the signer
In Addo Sign, you can choose between a simple and an advanced signing flow. This guide is based on a simple signing flow. You can read more about an advanced signing flow here.
- Under the signing flow, choose between simple or advanced. We use here a simple signing flow
- It is possible to upload one or more documents in a simple flow, which is located in the template. This can be both attachments and documents to be signed. On the individual transaction, it is always possible to remove these documents again, they just act as a starting point
- You can also add fixed signers to the transaction in a simple flow. These can be added with other settings than those defined under basic settings
- Here you can add one or more recipients of the copy that is on the template. These can also be removed from individual transactions
You can see here how to add fixed documents, signatories and copy recipients to a template
- Here documents and attachments are added by pressing add document. You can also use drag and drop to upload the documents
- Here signers are added by pressing add signer
- Here copy recipients are added by pressing add recipients of copy
Sender distribution method
Under the tab "Sender distribution methods" you can set how the sender should receive the signed documents. By default, this is set to the sender's email, but if you have set up integrations these can also be selected. Note that it is possible to select several distribution methods at once
- Press Sender distribution method
- Choose the method(s) you want to use
You can find our integration options here, as well as guides.
Design and Web Hooks
You can customize your templates with different logos, or use the same logo across your account and templates. You can find an in-depth article and guide on design here.
- Press Design
- If this is unchecked, you can add a logo and company colour to the template. If the option is checked (inherit from account settings), Addo Sign will use the logo uploaded under "design" in settings. You can read more about this here
- If you wish to upload another logo than the one on the account, you upload it here
- You are able to adjust the company colour, to the colour code you need
Under Web Hooks you can choose to get real-time updates for your own application or website. You can either choose to define these generally for the account or at the template level. You can read more about Web Hooks here.
- Press Web Hooks
- Uncheck statuses that may need different settings than those defined for the account
- Press Save when you are done and happy with your template!
Please sign in to leave a comment.