In Addo Sign, it is easy to collect data from your signatories using the "Simple question" feature. When a document is sent for signature, your recipient can answer the questions after he/she has signed the document, and the answers are then sent to you in a separate email.
In this step-by-step guide, we'll show you how to use the "Simple Questions" feature.
Setting up Simple Questions.
Get your answers back.
Sending a distribution with simple questions.
This is how it looks to the recipient.
Setting up Simple Questions
When you, as an administrator, need to set up Simple Questions, you simply have to go into settings, templates and create or select the template where you would like to obtain information from the signer.
- Tap settings
- Tap Templates
- Select the template on which you want to activate simple questions or create a new template.
When you have created or selected the template where you want to activate Simple questions, scroll down the page and turn off the field in "Simple questions". When you do this, you also get the option to tick off a new box: "Must answer Simple questions". If you check this field, everyone you send this shipment to must fill in simple questions by default. When Simple Questions is enabled, you can "add a question"
- Scroll down to "Simple question" which is between "Deadline and reminder message" and "receipt message"
Make a tick next to "Add question"
- Activate "Must answer simple questions" if each recipient must answer simple questions when receiving documents for signature.
- Press "Add question" to create the questions that the recipient must answer.
When you press "add question", a pop-up will appear which allows you to create all the questions that the recipient must answer.
Questions may consist of the following:
Text field: This is a field where you can answer with text. These could be questions that can be answered with a single word, number or a short sentence.
Text area: This is a field where you can answer with more text. These could be questions that must be answered with a longer text or a description.
Radiobuttons: This is a field where you can answer with a yes/no.
File upload: Here the recipient has the option to upload a file. This can be an image, pdf, excel sheet or something completely different.
- Select the type of information you wish to receive from the recipient.
- Select whether this information is required for the recipient to proceed with the signing process.
- Ask your question to the recipient.
How to get your answers back
Answers to Simple Questions will always follow the sender distribution method. Sender distribution method is understood as the way in which the signed documents, as well as the answers to Simple Questions, are sent to the sender. This can be to the sender's email, or a number of integration options. In addition, documents and answers from Simple Questions are also sent to copy recipients. Please note that the answers come as .XML files (for text answers and yes and no), and otherwise the file types uploaded. Some integrations do not support .XML and images, including Visma HR, e-Boks and Digital Post.
We will show you how to apply where the answers from Simple Questions go to in your templates.
Go into your template, as shown here.
- First, you need to go into settings. Press the gear in the top right corner, to the left of your username
- Tap on templates
- Select the template where you have set your Simple Questions
Once inside the template, scroll all the way to the bottom where you will see a tab with Sender distribution methods. In here you select how you want the signed documents returned as well as the answers to the Simple Questions. You can read more about sender distribution methods here.
- Once you have scrolled down to the bottom, tap Sender distribution methods
- A list of available distribution methods will show you. Note that under distribution methods you can always select "sender's email", and other options are added under integrations in your settings. Choose here how you want documents and answers sent back to you. You can choose more than one method here
- Once you have selected the sender distribution method, press save to save the template
As an alternative, you also have the option of using recipients of copy to receive documents and replies by email if they need to be sent to an email address other than your own. You can either add a copy recipient when you send your documents, or add them directly to the template if the same email needs to receive documents and replies each time. You can make changes at any time to the individual transaction.
- At the bottom of your template, click the Recipients of copy tab
- Then tap Add Recipient of copy
- A pop-up box will appear. Add name and email
- Press Add. You can add more copy recipients if you wish, by following steps 2-4 again
- Then press save to save the template
The copy recipient will now receive the documents and the answers to the Simple Questions.
How it works as a sender
When the "Simple questions" function is set up in the template under settings as indicated above, Simple questions will be enabled for this distribution and the recipient must answer Simple questions.
This will be visible in 2 ways.
When you add a signatory and when you are in the last step before sending documents for signature.
- There is now a field in "Other options" which gives the option to turn Simple questions on or off.
If you choose that Simple questions must be answered for this recipient and therefore proceed to message texts etc. you now get the opportunity to choose which Simple questions should apply to this recipient.
- A new dropdown field has been added, which gives the opportunity to decide which Simple questions this recipient must answer.
- If this is unfolded, you can select/deselect the various questions.
How does it look to the recipient?
When the documents have been sent for signing, the recipient will in the first phase go through a normal flow where the documents are signed. After this, in the second phase, the recipient will be greeted by the Simple questions that the sender has chosen for the signatory to answer.
- Once the signer has signed the document, the person will be taken to a new tab in the process where they have to answer the Simple questions.
- The Text field, which is a smaller area where you can enter short text.
- The Text Area field, which is a larger area where you can enter a lot of text.
- The Radiobuttons field, which is meant for yes/no questions
- The File Upload field, which allows you to upload a file. This can either be an image, PDF or Excel.
- If there's a red mark besides the question, this question is mandatory to be answered before the signer can continue in the process.
Both sender and recipient receive a copy of the replies. The signer will only receive answers to the questions but the sender will also receive an .XML file. Note that if the sender distribution method is set to for example Visma HR, e-Boks or Digital Post, then the .XML file cannot be included.
The example below shows you as the sender receiving answers to questions. The subject field is indicated with a transaction ID, which makes it easy for you to find the transaction in your Overview of Addo Sign.
- The transaction ID appears both in the header and in the e-mail itself. This can be used to search for the transaction in Addo Sign.
- Here you will get the answers to the questions you have asked the mdotager.
- The files attached to Simple questions will be attached to the e-mail you receive after answering.
- Sender will also receive a .xml file, which is sent as an added file to this e-mail