With Secure file transfer it is possible to send documents to a recipient without a need for signature. This allows a reliable and secure way to transfer sensitive data.
In this article we will explain what secure file transfer is, how it is used and what it looks like to the recipient.
What is Secure file transfer?
Secure File Transfer allows you to securely send one or more documents to one or more recipients, but without asking for their signature. Before the recipient can access and download the documents, they must identify themselves using the identification method chosen by the sender when sending.
To access the documents, the recipient must be able to identify himself with one of the following options:
- NemID Employee
- Swedish BankID
- Norwegian BankID
- Finnish Tupas
- SMS code
- Secret code
How to send with secure file transfer
To send a secure file transfer, navigate to the Send page and select Secure File Transfer.
- Press Send at the top of the blue menu
- Select Secure file transfer
Then add the recipient(s). To do this, press Add recipient and fill in all the necessary information about the recipient. You have the option to add as many recipients as you wish.
- Press Add recipient
- Fill in necessary information about the recipient, such as name and e-mail
- Choose how notifications are sent to the recipient.
By default, you can choose between e-mail and SMS, and the document(s) will be sent via a link. If you have e-Boks or Digital Post set up on your account, you can also choose to send the document directly.
- Choose how the recipient must authenticate themselves before they can access the document(s)
- Choose whether the recipient's downloaded document should have a password or not, and fill in any required code
- Press Add to add the recipient
Once you have added all the recipients you want to be part of the sending, you are ready to add the document. To do this, press Add document in the Document section and select the document(s) you want to send.
- Press Add document
- Select the document(s) you want to send
- Press Open to add the document(s)
Once you have added recipients, documents and optionally the reference number, press "Next" to proceed to the next step.
On the next page, you will be presented with the messages sent to the recipient in connection with the sending, as well as the design options the document is sent with. You also have the option to change the messages, and select expiry dates etc before sending. Below we will go through the different messages and options.
- Here you can write a message to the recipient, which can be viewed when the recipient accesses the signing portal. This message is optional
- Invitation message is the first message the recipient receives informing them that a document has been sent to them
- Under Deadline and reminder message you have the option to set the expiry date and when to send reminders. The expiry date determines how long the recipient has to download the document. You can also edit the message text here
- Under Design, you can see the logo and button colors with which the document will be sent. This is determined either by the design settings on the account or on the template
When you are satisfied with all messages, you are ready to press "Send".
How it looks to the recipient
Once you have sent your secure file transfer, the recipient will receive a notification via the chosen notification method. Below we will show an example with email as notification method and secret code as identification method.
- Here you see the "Invitation message"
- Click here to access the documents
- Information about the sender and documents, for example, is displayed here
When the recipient clicks on "Open documents", the recipient must first identify themselves with the selected identification method. Below, secret code must be used.
- Enter the secret code
- Click on "Log in" to access the documents
The recipient will then be redirected to the documents and will be able to download them.
- "Messages to recipients" is displayed here
- Here are the documents sent to the recipient
- Press "Download" to download the documents to your device