In Visma Addo it is possible to send the same document to more than one signer, combined with personal information, to efficiently obtain signatures from many signers. By using mail merge, you avoid entering personal information for each transaction manually. Mail Merge can, for example, personalize documents with individual names, addresses, or member numbers.
NB: When mail merge is used, all signers in the transaction must be included in the CSV-file. This means that all signers included on the template is ignored when the mail merge transaction is sent out.
To use the mail merge in Visma Addo you need two documents
- The mail merge document. The Word document which you wish to send. This document must contain merge fields for receiving the personal information you wish to insert.
- The data set contains the information you wish to merge with your Word document. The merged file must be uploaded in a CSV-format. When you have chosen a signing template and uploaded the mail merge file. You can also download a CSV template.
Send Documents for Signing with Mail Merge
Follow these five steps to send all your documents for signing. You will find Mail Merge in the top menu of Visma Addo.
- Signing template: You have to select a template, just like regular signings, you must select which template to use for the collection of signatures.
- Mail merge document: Here you have to upload your MS Word mail merge document from your computer.
- Data set: Upload your data set. Your merge file is your data source. It contains the data set that you wish to merge with your Word document. The data set must be uploaded in CSV-format (UFT-8 format to support special characters such as ÆØÅ).
- To validate the content of the data set, click Validate. If the content is valid, a list of all signers and their personal information will appear. Here you can also preview each document.
- Click Send to send documents for signing, it is now possible to see all the transactions in the transaction overview.