Some documents require signatures from multiple people. This guide will show you how to easily send documents for signing with multiple signers, and how to arrange the signing order.
Note - If there are multiple signers on the same transaction, the transaction is not closed until all have signed. If a single recipient does not sign before the expiry date, the entire transaction will be cancelled and the sender will receive no documents.
1. What does multiple signers do?
2. Add multiple signers and choose signing order
3. (Extra) I want to add myself as a signer
What does multiple signers do?
If several people need to sign a document, Addo Sign can do it all in one transaction. All signers are now on the same transaction in the overview window. In addition, you can add a special order so that only one recipient at a time has access to the transaction. Only when the first person in the queue has signed, the next one can sign.
If you add a specific order, be aware that a new status will appear in the overview. When it says "Pending", this signer has not received a message yet, as they are waiting for the first in the queue to sign.
If you choose one of the signatories to simply "approve", their signature and name will not appear on the finished document. This can be used if a manager or others need to approve a document before it is sent out to the signatory.
Add Multiple Signers
Below you will learn how to put multiple signers on a transaction, as well as how to add a specific order for the document to be signed in.
- Click Add signer. With this button you can add as many signers as you like. Every single signer can have seperate settings, according to how you would like the transaction to run. If the signer is not in the address book and you want to add them, just check to box Save in address book. Even though you have already chosen a template with a signing method you can still change it for the individual signer. Click Additional settings to change the notification setting, signature method, and authentication. You can also choose whether or not the signer should receive a copy of the signed documents.
- If you want to add a specific signing order, click the checkbox The signers must sign in sequential order.
- Now you can arrange the order of the signers, by drag & dropping the signers using the button to the left of the name. A number will now appear, signer 1. starts.
(Extra) I want to add myself as a signer
If you want to be a part of the signed document follow the guide below:
- Click Add signer to add signers
- Check the box I must sign the document
- (If you want a special order) Check the box The signers must sign in a sequential order
- Arrange the order of signing by drag & dropping the signers.
Congratulations! You have now learned to add multiple signers and yourself to a transaction.