Signers and documents
- Choose the template that suits your needs, e.g. Sending E-mail/Web signature, 14 days expired
The template decides how the signer is notified, which signing method is used and when the signing will expire. However, how the signer is notified and the signing method can be changed in additional settings and the expiry date can be changed in Deadline and reminder message.
Note! It is possible to create your own templates. Press here to see more information about templates.
- Choose Add signer
- Type in the signer's information
- If you want to add a signer who is not in the address book, just check the box Save in address book
- Choose Additional setting if you want to change the settings e.g. authentication or signing method
If you wish to sign the document first, choose, I must sign the document first. Then choose whether the subsequent signatures must be obtained in a random or sequential order.
If you have multiple signers you can decide the signing sequence. Chose, The document must be signed in sequential order and place the signers in exactly the order in which you want the document to be signed. You change the order by dragging the signers into the sequence after your choice. See the example below.
Note! If you do not select a specific order, the document will be sent to all at once and signed in a random order.
Recipients of copy
- Click Add Recipient of copy.
- Fill in the Name and E-mail of the recipient of copy.
- Then click Add to add the recipient of copy.
Note! It is not possible to customize the copy, the recipient of the copy will receive all the information.
A reference number is used to keep track of your signings. The reference number or text is optional and is chosen by you. The reference number is shown in the transaction overview.
Password on signed documents
For extra security, you can choose to apply a password for the document to be signed. You have the following options:
- Signer's custom password - The signed document must be protected with a password determined by the signer.
- Signer's social security number - The signed documents must be protected by the recipient's Social Security number.
Documents and forms
- You now have to add the document to be signed. Drag your PDF document into the document field or use the Add document button.
- After uploading the document press the Next button.
Message to signers
In this section, the options are all optional. However, it is possible to customize the messages to the signers, which will be described below.