In this article, we'll go through how you can change the recipient/signatory of a transaction that has already been sent. Note that if the signatory you want to change has already signed, you cannot make this change.
It is possible to change more details for signatories after the documents have been sent for signature. This can be done until the signatory has gone in to identify themselves or signed. We will show you here how to do it and which details you can change. In this guide, we will refer to a shipment as a transaction - that is, the total shipment sent for signature, including one or more documents, and one or more signatories.
Note that the signatory does not get a notification when you make changes unless you send them a message along the way. The article here takes as its starting point changes made for a particular signer. For other changes, we recommend the guide here.
What can I change after the transaction is sent?
After one or more documents have been sent for signature to one or more signatories, it is possible to change a number of details. The various options are shown below.
- Under transaction details, you can change the expiration date, signature method and identification method
- Under recipient details, you can change the name of the recipient, e-mail, phone number, reference number, and SSN
These can be edited as long as the transaction is active and the signatory has not signed. It is also important to point out that you can only change the details that were added when the transaction was sent, and cannot add for example the social security number and phone number afterwards.
How do I change the details in the transaction?
First of all, you have to send a transaction. If you need help on how to do that, you can read more here. After you have sent a transaction, you can make the changes from within the overview.
You start by finding the transaction in question.
- Press Overview
- Select the transaction. If there are several signatories in the transaction, click on the transaction first and then on the specific signer
- A popup window with the transaction details will now appear
You can now change the detail(s) you need. In the example here we will change the signature method, name and email of the signer. We will first change the signature method.
Please note that if you have selected an identification and signature method that is linked (such as NemID/MitID, eIDAS, eHerkenning, etc.), either the identification or signature method will be locked. You unlock them by choosing a different method for the one that is not locked - in the example below, the identification method is locked, and therefore we start by changing the signature method, and then we can change the identification method (if desired).
- Select the method you want to change. In this example, we have selected the signature method, as the identification method is still locked
- Select the alternative signature method from the dropdown menu
You will now see that the identification method has automatically changed to "none", after which you have the option to choose another identification method. Of course, if you now choose NemID/MitID under the identification method, the signature method will follow.
- Press the dropdown menu next to signer authenticated via
- Select which identification method to use
If you simply change the signature method and identification method, you do not need to do anything else. The signer can simply access the original link they received, where it will all be updated.
You can also change the recipient details, which we will show here. As mentioned, in the example here we change the name and email of the recipient, but you also have the option to change the CVR/SSN, reference number and phone number.
- Press Edit next to "Recipient"
- Press Edit next to "E-mail"
The fields now become editable. You can then make changes to the selected fields. Remember to press "save" when you have made a change.
- Correct/type the name you want to correct to
- Then press save
- Edit/type the e-mail you want to correct
- Then press save
After pressing save, a green pop-up will appear in the corner confirming the changes. If the email or phone number has changed, we recommend sending a new notification to the signatory so they can get the signature link to the updated email/phone.
- Once you have made changes to the email or phone number, press Send new notification to signer
You will be able to customize the wording of a new message for the recipient before sending a message.